I'm experimenting with eggification of CPS, trying to have support in
place for the upcoming CPS 3.4.0 release. I already have something basic
working, here is how to test it:
- Create a fresh Zope 2.8.4 instance (with Python 2.4).
- Download the Basket product from http://www.plope.com/software/Basket/Basket
(I have tested with version 0.2)
- Download the CPS egg from http://www.cps-project.org/static/eggs/
- Create a lib/python directory in your instance, and put the egg
- Start Zope and play with CPS
- If it doesn't work, you may checkout CPS3 from SVN from http://svn.nuxeo.org/pub/CPS3/trunk
and, type 'make' then 'make egg' and hack the setup.py until your egg is
working (well that's how I did it anyway). Then send me the patch or commit
your changes if you have SVN access.
- The big egg will be broken into smaller eggs. I fact, that is the main
reasons to have eggs in the first place, because currently the installation
procedure is not simpler that with the normal tarball.
- I hope the Basket product will be integrated soon into Zope, though I
understand it's already too late for Zope 2.9.
BTW: kudos to chrism for the Basket