My name is Stefane Fermigier, I'm a tech entrepreneur.
My companies (current and former)
I'm the founder and CEO of Abilian, a
company which develops enterprise information management solutions based
on open source software.
Previously, I founded Nuxeo in 2000,
and served as its CEO from 2000 to 2008, then as its executive chairman
from 2008 to 2011. Nuxeo went to become the second largest open source
ECM vendor and was eventually bought by Hyland for M$ 150 in 2021.
➜ More about my business activities
My involvement in the open source ecosystem
I have cofounded and led several organizations dedicated to
developing the open source ecosystem in France and Europe:
- APELL (2020), the European Open Source Software Business Association (Association Professionnelle Européenne du Logiciel Libre). I'm serving as a board members since 2020.
- CNLL (2010), the French National Council of Free / Open Source Companies. I'm serving as co-chairman since 2016.
- GTLL (2007), the business and innovation cluster for open source in the Paris Region (part of the Systematic Paris Region cluster). I've served as its chairman between 2009 and 2019.
- The Open World Forum / Paris Open Source Summit (2008), yearly conference dedicated to open source and "open everything" in Paris (since 2008).
- EuroLinux (2000), a federation of European open source associations, that was formed to fight software patents between 2000 and 2005.
- AFUL (1998), the french-speaking Linux and free software users association. I served as its chairman from 1998 to 2003.
I'm also the founder or a cofounder of several open source projects, including:
➜ More about my open source activities
➜ Talks I have given (presentations, lectures...)
➜ Things I have written (articles, books, papers...)
➜ My blog (including ancient and outdated stuff)