This blog has a new blog engine, the fifth one since I've started blogging in 1997.
I wrote my first blog engine in Python. IIRC, it was a client-server system using some kind of remote calling protocol (probably homebrewed too) that generated static HTML content. The editor for the posts was VI.
Needless to say, it was a bit painful to use, and this was one of the reasons I stopped posting in 1999.
Someone at Nuxeo (I think it was Ruslan Spivak, if I'm wrong please correct me) wrote a blog engine on top of CPS. We used it for quite a while, but let it rot after we switched to Java and Ruslan left the company.
We decided to use Typepad as our corporate blog engine, for two main reasons:
In retrospect, this was an unfortunate decision, since Typepad was already loosing steam against Wordpress at the time, but Wordpress wasn't really multiblog so that was not an option.
It was relatively OK, but for some reason it didn't really invite me to start producing content again.
It should be in a state where it's already OK to post some content (using Marsedit as a client, using XML-RPC as the transport).
I've also taken some time to adapt (and tweak) a cool Octopress theme by Alessandro Melandri.
More technical details about the new platform (including its source code) in a couple of weeks.